Methinks I mis-understood your DAG suggestion.

Are you suggesting that the source code is in one DAG
(src/doc/build/etc) and that bugs are in a parallel DAG?

Are you also suggesting that the "bug DAG" be a git repo
separate from the source repo?

In a pile-of-sand (POS) project organized by a directory
structure would it be just as easy to have a bugs directory
in every sub-directory? That would seem to fulfill the goal
but can git have overlapping git-managed directories?

Your bugseverywhere.org link seems to cover most of my
suggestions (except certain LP-specific ones).