Hello !

My understanding of the current state of Axiom. Correct me if I'm
wrong:

It appears that sole remaining developer of Axiom is/was Tim Daly.
Tim wants more people to join and help but it was hard to find
collaborators recently. My impression is that Tim is frustrated
because of that.

I understood that people occasionally want to use Axiom for some
one-off personal projects, but not so much help develop it.

Tim wants to do major refactoring of Axiom project so that everything
it computes is mathematically provable and maybe some other goals
too. Major theoretical work and refactoring must be undertaken to
accomplish that.

I understood from emails that because there are no collaborators, Tim
does that work alone. Maybe when it gets done, he shares his
work. This is why there are no new commits in gitlab for long time.

I understood that Axiom got forked because of technical disagreements.
AFAIK, most active fork is FriCAS. My impression is that FriCAS
chooses to keep iterating on small and practical improvements instead.

Best regards,
Svjatoslav

--
Svjatoslav Agejenko