Paul Fremantle wrote:

Samisa

Congratulations. That is impressive!

Paul

On 10/21/05, *Samisa Abeysinghe* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Hi All,
        After much effort, I am happy to tell you that we have a running
    version of OM in SVN.
        We can give an XML stream and let the builder build the OM
    structure. Also, we could build the OM tree manually. Once built, OM
    structure can be serialized. In short most of the operations
    mentioned
    in http://ws.apache.org/axis2/OMTutorial.html could be done in C.
        Initial tests are successful. There are some memory leaks.
    Also full
    functionality is yet to be verified.

        Environment (with allocator, string, log, error and stream)
    has been
    used in this implementation.
    TODOs:
    1. Complete the doxygen comments - I am working on this currently and
    hope to complete soon. For all the environment related stuff
    (allocator,
    error, etc.) doc comment are complete.

Doc comments are now in place and doxygen can be used to generate the docs for the Util module and the OM module source headers.

    2. Need to handle logging. The code has provision to handle logging.
    Error handling has been done, but related logging code is yet to
    be written.

This is a TODO, but as the error handling is in place, this can be done any time one feels doing so.

    3. Fix the memory leaks

There are some *nasty* and some *very bad* leaks in the code. I used valgrind and the picture is somewhat grim. I managed to fix some, but some more critical leaks exist. Bulk of the leaks are related to guththila implementation. I think it is worth spending some time right now to fix these leaks. The best is to check leaks on guththila first and then look into leaks in axis2 code with guththila.

As the OM code is almost complete, it is right time for code to be reviewed for bugs and suggestions. Early comments would be of great help.

Thanks,
Samisa...

    4. Verify the possibilities for differed building. The
    understanding is
    that this would be possible with current design but that has to be
    verified.

    I would like to thank Nandika for his contributions to OM code as
    well
    as to Denesh for his initial Guththila implementation and help with
    troubleshooting and bug fixing.

    Thanks,
    Samisa...