Here is what I'm trying to do. Please tell me my mistakes ;-)

A) extract axis2c tree from svn
B) as per the instructions run ./configure

Problem 1: there is no configure script in the svn tree
Solution?: I used the autogen.sh script to create the automake files

Problem 2: This gets errors as there are problems in some of the Makefile.am files:
>> modules/Makefile.am:2: directory should not contain '/'
>> modules/core/Makefile.am:1: directory should not contain '/'
These are caused by SUBDIRS = platforms/unix ... which would appear to be invalid on my system (RH linux)

The configure script generated is invalid.
I also get errors because the configure.ac file has:

   test/unit/xml/om/Makefile\
   test/core/transport/Makefile\

My system likes a space before the \

I have autoconf version 2.59, automake version 1.6.3

Cheers,

--
Pete