Hi Samisa,
AFAIK Commons projects are well fermented, well tested projects. AXIOM/C, Util may be suitable to be moved there. But XML Schema C and Woden C are not even finished yet. I suggest to keep these two projects inside Axis2 C until they are matured within Axis2 C.
thanks
Damitha

Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

Hi All,
As Axis2/C is growing, it would be worth considering breaking up the independent components as separate projects and move those to WS commons.
The possible components are:
1. Util
This has environment with allocator, log, error and thread structs, containers (hash map, stack etc)
2. OM (AXIOM/C)
   This includes parser abstraction, OM, SOAP and MTOM related stuff
3. XML Schema
   XML schema parsing based on OM
4. WSDL implementation (Wooden/C)
   WSDL parsing support for both 1.1 and 2.0 versions
5. Guththila parser

We would also like to have Sandesha/C and Neethi/C

The above has to be moved into WS-Commons project. The benefit is that those who want to use them as independent components can easily use them.

If we are to move them, this is the right time, as it would be hard to manage it looking at the phase we are developing the stuff.

There would surely be some concerns, e,g, what happens to prefix of OM methods, do we have to change it from axis2_om to axisom? IMHO, we better keep the current prefix.

Thanks,
Samisa...