Samisa Abeysinghe (JIRA) wrote:

[ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-324?page=comments#action_12441640 ] Samisa Abeysinghe commented on AXIS2C-324:

Dealing with situations like the use of tcpmon is not the concern of service client
Yes service client need not do any thing. This is just a property set in options. Setting a property won't make any harm.

- if there is a to endpoint in addressing, then that has to be the connecting
endpoint - if there is a middle man like tcpmon, it should be the
responsibility of the middle man to deal with the correct semantics of
addressing - otherwise we would have to change our code base to deal with all
such situations.
I dont think even Axis2/Java supports this kind of a situation.
What I learnt from Deepal they too can set a property like this
Damitha

In theoty, WSA to is the target EPR - if we violate that then the code becomes
overly complex and difficult to understand.
adding methods set_target_endpoint_ref and get_target_endpoint_ref to
axis2_svc_client

               Key: AXIS2C-324
           Project: Axis2-C
        Issue Type: Improvement
        Components: core/clientapi
          Reporter: Damitha Kumarage

I'm adding following two methods to axis2_options
       /**
        * Set the target endpoint reference the receiving end is listening to
        * @param options pointer to options struct
        * @param env pointer to environment struct
        * @return AXIS2_SUCCESS on success, else AXIS2_FAILURE
        */
       axis2_status_t (AXIS2_CALL *
               set_target_epr) (
                   axis2_options_t *options,
                   const axis2_env_t *env,
                   axis2_endpoint_ref_t *epr);
       /**
        * Get the target endpoint reference the receiving end is listening to
        * @param options pointer to options struct
        * @param env pointer to environment struct
        * @return endpoint reference the receiving end is listening to
        */