Terry Wilson wrote:
When trying to compile axis2c to create a 4-way universal binary
(ppc/x86 32/64-bit) under OS X leopard:

env CFLAGS="-O -g -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -arch i386
-arch ppc7400 -arch x86_64 -arch ppc64" LDFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch
ppc7400 -arch x86_64 -arch ppc64" ./configure
--disable-dependency-tracking --with-apache2=/usr/include/apache2
--with-apr=/usr/include/apr-1

the following compile error (warning, but -Werror) occurs which halts
compilation for 64-bit:

uuid_gen_unix.c:313: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

Now, for the life of me, I don't understand why the warning occurs as
ether_ntoa returns char * and not int...perhaps some things I'm not
meant to understand (LLADDR macro doing something odd with pointer
arithmetic?)...but after spending a day trying to figure it out
(64-bit stuff is quite new to me) I figured I'd post a message about
it.  If I just delete the entire function, everything seems to compile
ok.  Also, it looks like the axutil_uuid_get_mac_addr() function is
returning a pointer which is a local variable inside the function
(macaddr) which isn't malloc'd...am I wrong in assuming that that is
usually bad?
Yes, I too think that is bad. I think we should strdup the string we return.

Also, under OS X copy_samples.sh which uses 'find -name' fails because
OS X forces the directory to be the first argument.  Changing to 'find
. -name' should work across all platforms.
Yes this is a bug, will fix that.

Anyway, thanks for the help and let me know if there is anything I can
do to help (test patches, etc.).
You are always welcome to provide patches :) And your comments and feedback are always welcome.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Samisa Abeysinghe : http://www.wso2.org/ (WSO2 Oxygen Tank - Web Services
Developers' Portal)