Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

I see that AXIS2_IS_SVR_SIDE property is being added to figure out whether we are on client side or server side.

However, I have doubts if this would work as expected always.

Say, you have already build a conf context on server side, and create a service client to consume another service using the same context, from within a service. Now form that service client instance, when you access the property, it would look like as if you are on server side, but actually you are invoking a client.

How are we supposed to deal with such a situation?

Yes the problem you said is there when we use a conf_ctx created using build_conf_ctx function to create a service client. But if we restrict to use just axis2_svc_client_create() function then problem is solved :-\ . Can we do that?. Is there any gain in using that function except the save of resources in creating a new conf_ctx?

Damitha

Samisa...