On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 07:54 -0500, Senaka Fernando wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> It is a known fact that we can't use the sed command on windows unless you
> install an add-on. Under these circumstances we have burdened our users to
> do appropriate replacements so that the sed command wouldn't be necessary.
> The Rampart/C secpolicy set of samples is a good example. However, there
> is a way we could easily overcome this.
>
> We initially do things for windows and during the Linux build process we
> apply the sed command and covert it to Linux. This way, both Linux as well
> as the Windows user will have a similar experience.

Actually we do not put file locations relevant to Linux in Rampart
Secpolicy files. What we do is we put the place where the secpolicy file
should be copied relative to the AXIS2C_HOME. This is correct for both
Linux and Windows. The problem is we can't do automatic replacement of
AXIS2C_HOME string in Windows.
And we initially can't do for windows because then we have to tell the
user only to install Axis2/C on the location we are mentioning. That is
really unfair.

Thanks
-Manjula