Senaka Fernando wrote:
Hi Mike,

It doesn't look like AXIS2C is currently capable of adding new Services
or Operations dynamically. We will be imbedding AXIS2C in our commercial
application, and have additional requirements that are not in the the
current product (We think).

No, we don't support hot deployment.

Hot deployment is not supported, but you can add services and operations dynamically, using the configuration hierarchy, programatically.
We have done it with WSO2's products and it works.

It appears that AXIS2C reads the potential services it has on startup,
and keeps the service.xml and the DLL that contains the web service
routines in a locked state. We have the need to dynamically add new
services, and operations to an existing service. This can be done by
bringing the server down, and then back up with the new DLL and
service.xml file, but this is not desirable (given that we want to be as
close to 24/7 as possible).

Server restart will take around a minute, so if you set the timeout to
greater than say 2 minutes on your client side, you shouldn't see any
issues.

Again, as I mentioned earlier, you can add services and operations dynamically, and implement your own message receiver to get the job done. This way, you do not need to shut down.

Samisa...