Senaka Fernando wrote:
Hi all,

How about AXIS2_ERROR_SET_AND_LOG(env->error, ...) a new macro which
combines the AXIS2_ERROR_SET() and AXIS2_LOG_ERROR().

What if we wanted to do more with this macro in the future? e.g. AXIS2_ERROR_SET_AND_LOG_AND_FOO_AND_BAR(env->error, ...) ?

So why not AXIS2_HANDLE_ERROR(env->error, ...) or something like that. Where HANDLE ==> SET_AND_LOG_AND_FOO_AND_BAR

Samisa...
Thoughts?

Regards,
Senaka

Hi,
When we do AXIS2_ERROR_SET, we have to log an error message as well. In
"some" situations we can use the same error message we set to the
env->error for logging. Like this

AXIS2_ERROR_SET(env->error,

AXIS2_ERROR_MULTIPLE_CODE_ELEMENTS_ENCOUNTERED,
                               AXIS2_FAILURE);
AXIS2_LOG_ERROR(env->log, AXIS2_LOG_SI,
                      AXIS2_ERROR_GET_MESSAGE(env->error));

instead of

AXIS2_ERROR_SET(env->error,

AXIS2_ERROR_MULTIPLE_CODE_ELEMENTS_ENCOUNTERED,
                               AXIS2_FAILURE);
AXIS2_LOG_ERROR(env->log, AXIS2_LOG_SI,
                      "Multiple  fault code elements encountered in SOAP
fault");

If the message is detailed enough for logging I do not see any problem
of doing this. Do you?

Cheers,
Kaushalye

--
http://blog.kaushalye.org/
http://wso2.org/

Samisa Abeysinghe Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.

http://www.wso2.com/ - "Oxygenating the Web Service Platform."