From: Dinesh Premalal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dinesh
Premalal
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:48 AM
To: axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Axiom

Varuna,

"Varuna Jayasiri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>  What's the difference between children iterator and the
> axiom_node_get_next_sibling? Is there a difference in the way they are
> processed?

I couldn't recall where is used children iterator last time :), If you
look into children iterator implementation , you would see

<snip>
axiom_children_iterator_next(

    if (iterator->current_child)
    {
        iterator->last_child = iterator->current_child;
        iterator->current_child =
            axiom_node_get_next_sibling(iterator->current_child, env);
        return iterator->last_child;
    }
</snip>

I would say there is no difference in a way they are processing. But
you could modification to iterator while processing where as you
couldn't do it with axiom_node_get_next_sibling function.

>  When we navigate using  get_first_child, get next sibling, etc. is the
parsing
> done when these methods are called?
I think yes.

>If so are the parsed data cached so that
> it's not parsed again if the functions are called twice?
Agree, If you going to cache those data, In order to cache them there
is a cost, in memory, processing etc.After considering those costs
there may not be a considerable gain.

thanks,
Dinesh
--