Mike, I am accessing a web service where the service side is accessed
through Java just fine from a C++ application using Axis2C.  If the WSDL is
defined, you can use the WSDL2C tool to generate C stub wrappers that
represent the information from the WSDL and make the use of the Axis2C
client interfaces easier.  Obviously on the conversion to the SOAP messages,
Axis2C takes care of converting the C data to SOAP character format on the
client-side, and the Java SOAP interface code on the service side handles
the conversion between SOAP and Java types.  So if there is a WSDL for the
service and the service is thus accessible through SOAP, you should only
need to worry about the client side.

When I started my development, then, I chose one of the simplest methods in
my WSDL to invoke and worked out the issues accessing it, then expanded my
client code to use the other interfaces.  This gives you the chance to learn
how to use the methods in the generated stub wrappers to access one service,
then incrementally expand to implement the full application.  Once you have
worked through the details to make the client application find and link to
the Axis2C DLLs and related libraries, and find the Axis2C repo directory on
the client, accessing the services after the first becomes fairly
straightforward.

Good luck,

Bill Mitchell