Asankha C. Perera wrote:
Samisa
We have send a request using the full URL with the POST method. But it seems that IIS discards the request before it give the control to the IIS module. So it seems like it is a bug in the IIS itself.

Apparently. the full URL works for GET but not for POST with IIS.
AFAIK, the full URL in the POST and the HTTP 1.1 "Host" header are used when messages travel via proxies.. and also according to some tests done with .Net, IIS does seem to work with the full URL (however I didn't see this myself, but Ruwan will be able to share this info).. maybe you can check against .Net and see if there is a difference..

What is the client you guys are using to send the full URL in the request? We used tcpmon to resend the message wit had modified URL. We also used telnet to test this. But a hint on the client you are using would be helpful to debug.
We used Apache Synapse.. you can also telnet manually as shown on my initial mail.. if you manually telnet, make sure about the Content-Length header correctless

Telnetting is a pain when debugging. If we proxy Axis2/C echo sample with Synapse, I hope we should be able to recreate this. Correct?

Samisa...

asankha

Samisa Abeysinghe Director, Engineering; WSO2 Inc.