Hi

In the 'guththila_next_char' method, whenever a character is being retrieved
from Guththila's internal char buffers, a check is being made to see if it has
a positive value:
        e.g.  'return c >= 0 ? c : -1;' (guththila_xml_parser.c, lines 1522,
1537, 1616, 1632)
-1 is interpreted as an error code by the caller and the parser basically
stops, deeming the input as invalid.

I encountered this situation when dealing with a response that contained some
non-ASCII characters. Those non-ASCII characters got stored in Guththila's
buffers of char after a wrap-around of their values, so to fit in a char. When
'guththila_next_char' got to those characters, it would encounter negative
values and return -1. As a consequence, Axis2C would treat the response as
invalid.

Replacing the aforementioned 'return' statements with a simple 'return c;' made
Guththila parse the entire response, although the VS XML Visualizer doesn't
display the non-ASCII characters as expected.

I'm wondering what's the rationale behind Guththila's current way of doing
things. I feel as if I'm missing something, so any help would be highly
appreciated.

Thank you.

Catalina-Georgiana Caloian
Software Engineer

Quintiq

T +31 (0) 73 691 07 39
F +31 (0) 73 691 07 54
M +31 (0) 65 247 63 99
E catalina.calo...@quintiq.com
I www.quintiq.com

Quintiq Conference "Quintessence 09" Tuesday May 12th, 2009, Country Estate
Duin & Kruidberg, near Amsterdam Schiphol, The Netherlands - for more
information visit www.quintiq.com

the property of Quintiq. It is only intended for the person to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute or use this message or any
part thereof. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. Please note that
e-mails are susceptible to change, therefore they are not binding.