> Is it possible to specify the configuration parameters to the Axis C++
> client without using axiscpp.conf.

No. The only way is to have c conf file :-(

> I am concerned that multiple clients on the same machine are forced to share
> the same /etc/axiscpp.conf file. Also I am concerned that multiple clients
> within the same application are forced to share the same configuration file.
> My application is likely to have 3rd party Web service clients pluged in to
> it - I do not want them to interfere with my configuration and vice versa.

There is a workaround though - assuming you are using Linux: you can
have multiple shells open and define fifferent AXISCPP_DEPLOY setting
in each shell and have different axiscpp.conf files in different
locations pointed to by different AXISCPP_DEPLOY variables. (May be
the same would work on Windows with multiple command prompts)

> While I appreciate the flexibility provided by the configuration file I'd
> prefer to specify the client configuration parameters programatically. Is
> this possible?

There is no way that you can specify the settings at stub level programatically.
It would be a good idea to support this in view of multiple clients in
the same envioronment.

Thanks,
Samisa...