Thanks for clearing that up. I hadn't heart of ANT until just now. (It's
filed under dev-java on my distro, and I don't look there very often.)

Perhaps it would be convenient for someone to add this information to
the Linux Installation Guide at
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/lininstall-guide.html, as all this refers
to is a standard ./configure; make; make install procedure (with added
env vars)

Thanks,
Simon