>However, as we are running with Apache it should be possible to get
this
>from the server side module and expose that to the service.

Is this something you're willing to change in the next axis version, or
are you saying that I should just edit my service wrapper to dig into
the message heirarchy and pass in the socket handle member from the
Channel down to my service handler, which can do the rest?

By the way, if I use the SSL Channel, will there be an equivalent to the
socket handle in the HTTP Channel?  (I'm not familiar with the workings
of SSL - it looks like SecureChannel inherits from Channel, so I guess
there would be a socket handle available).