Hi Jason,
        The error is due to no data being received by the client before it times out (roughly 10 seconds).  This, as you point out is probably due to the client not liking the server certification and so it ignores the message.  Unfortunately, OpenSSL does not appear to trap this condition so the error message is rather obscure.  The SSL examples used to work fine (I have not tested them recently), but if it is because the certificate is not being recognised, then it may not be a client side problem.  I would be interested if anyone has had these sorts of problems...

You might just want to check the URL, specifically the port number, just in case!

Regards,

Fred Preston.

Jason Musgrave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

27/10/2005 22:27

Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
cc
Subject
Assistance running examples with ssl

Hello,
      I now have the AXIS-C calculator example client talking to a
java server instance.  The clients are on windows & AIX 5.2 and both
are working fine with http.
However when I submit over https I get an error on both platforms:
     "Exception :  HTTPTransportException:Input streaming error while
getting data Timed out waiting for HTTP header message (1)." (It's
shouldn't be a time out, it comes back instantly)
      My question is: what has anyone done to get the examples to
work with SSL.  I've been assuming the error message I keep getting is
because the client openssl  configuration doesn't like the server
cert... (which is self signed).  So I've been trying to get that
openssl on the client to recognize the signing cert as trusted.
     I haven't found anyone else online with a similar problem, so...
what did you do?  Was it this complicated?
    thanks,
   Jason Musgrave