Sure, this is the on-the-wire message (in which I had to replace some
personal data for confidentiality).
The &amp; in <employerName> causes XercesHandler to parse the data in 2
steps, and the 2nd call to XercesHandler::characters is causing problems
in the use of 'cp_PreviousNameOrValue'.

Thanks for your assistance,
Iwan

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
<soapenv:Body>
<getCardResponse xmlns="http://thenamespace";>
<getCardReturn>
<cardNumber>12345</cardNumber>
<cardState>104</cardState>
<cardValidTo>03/11/2008</cardValidTo>
<cardVersion>0</cardVersion>
<customerCode>0</customerCode>
<dateOfBirth>01/01/1975</dateOfBirth>
<employerCity>SOMEWHERE</employerCity>
<employerCountry>XX</employerCountry><employerName>BOOT &amp;
BUTEIJN</employerName>
<employerNumber>1234</employerNumber><employerPhone>0000/999.999.999</em
ployerPhone>
<employerStreet>THERE</employerStreet>
<employerZip>9999AA</employerZip>
<firstName>FIRST</firstName>
<groupNumber>1</groupNumber>
<homeAddressCity>CITY</homeAddressCity>
<homeAddressCountry>XX</homeAddressCountry>
<homeAddressStreet>STREET 11</homeAddressStreet>
<homeAddressZip>9999AA</homeAddressZip>
<homePhone xsi:nil="true"/>
<lastName>LAST</lastName>
<nationality>XX</nationality>
<personnelNumber>9999</personnelNumber>
<qualification1 xsi:nil="true"/><qualification2
xsi:nil="true"/><qualification3 xsi:nil="true"/><subgroupNumber
xsi:nil="true"/>
</getCardReturn>
</getCardResponse>
</soapenv:Body>