Hi Wayne,
        I think the library is listed as part of the dependent libraries
parameter in the link options.  When starting up AXIS, the library loader
will attempt to load the dependent libraries.  The HTTPSSLChannel DLL is
dynamically loaded from within AXIS.  The AXIS LoadLibrary function will
use the usual Microsoft search criteria to look for dependent libraries
using the contents of the PATH environment variable.  If you have DB2
already up and running (using something like ODBC and SQL to connect to
it), (hopefully on a different thread or process ;-)), then you should be
able to change the environment path before running your client so that the
correct OpenSSL library is found, loaded and run. As far as I know, there
is no existing parameter that will statically link the OpenSSL libraries,
but you can quite easily do this yourself by changing the link options.
Both options should work.  It really just depends on your preference.

Regards,

Fred Preston.

Wayne Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
27/04/2007 19:16
Please respond to

axis-c <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Staticly linking Windows OpenSSL in HTTPSSLChannel

We have an interesting problem.  Our app uses both DB2 and Axis.  DB2
automatically loads it's copy of OpenSSL's libeay32.dll.  When we attempt
to load HTTPSSLChannel.dll, it sees DB2's libeay32.dll already loaded and
attempts to use it.  Since they're different versions, and we have no
control over what version DB2 is using, we're toast.

At this point, we're looking at linking Axis statically with the OpenSSL
library (like the UNIX platforms do).  Anyone see any issues with this?
Don't suppose there is a build parameter that does this?

---
Wayne Johnson,             | There are two kinds of people: Those
3943 Penn Ave. N.          | who say to God, "Thy will be done,"
Minneapolis, MN 55412-1908 | and those to whom God says, "All right,
(612) 522-7003             | then, have it your way." --C.S. Lewis
Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.