Hi,

Yes, In server side, When invoking You can get msg_ctx using that
message context you will be able to get config_ctx or config.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have had a look at the echo service in samples
and I can't see where the message context is used. After looking through the
axis2 API more, I can see that the conf_ctx has a fair bit of configuration
information in it, but it all seems specific to the axis2 environment. Is
there a way to get custom configuration information into (and ultimately
retrieve it from) this context struct?

I also can't see a way, using the message context, to maintain state between
web service calls - i.e. initialize a struct (or in my case, a C++ object
pointer) and access the same object again the next time a call is made. Is
this possible?

It seems to be a conscious design decision that the apache environment is
not visible within the service calls. Is there a way to get to the
request_rec or server_rec objects created by apache, from within the
service?

Thanks,
Shaun