Subra A Narayanan wrote:
Hey Kaushalye,

I noticed that ip_stream is of type axis2_byte_t. Looking at the definition of axis2_byte_t in axutil_utils_defines.h, I realized that it is nothing but a char. I am wondering if I read a part of a binary file from disk using pread and store the read data in void *buffer and then type cast the buffer in to a axis2_byte_t, if that will cause a problem?

It should not. Because you give the length of the buffer alongside the buffer itself. FYI, the axiom_data_handler_set_binary_data function signature is as follows:

axiom_data_handler_set_binary_data(
    axiom_data_handler_t *data_handler,
    const axutil_env_t *env,
    axis2_byte_t* input_stream,
    int input_stream_len)

BTW, you could try this out and see for yourself ;)

-Dumindu.