From: Supun Kamburugamuva [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 8:44 PM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: Re: [AXIS2C] Need IIS 6 instructions on how to set up Axis2/C

Hi Dave,

The instructions are same for the IIS 5 and IIS 6. At the moment IIS
module doesn't differentiate between IIS 6 and IIS 5.

IIS module is built as a filter and an extension. This is the best way
to do this in IIS 5. But in IIS 6 filters may be instantiated multiple
times. That means multiple instances of Axis2/C. The same problem
existed with Apache server and I think now it is fixed for Apache in
Linux.

There is another way that we can do this in IIS 6. In IIS 6 we can drop
the filter part completely and use an extension only. But last time I
checked on this there were several problems like multiple instances, how
URL dispatching works etc. As soon as possible I will look in to this
again and see if the module can be done in a IIS 6 specific way.

Regards,
Supun.

solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and