I have Axis2-C 1.3.0 built with SSL and have installed the mod-axis2 for
Apache. The non-SSL setup works great with the supplied samples (echo,
math...), but when I try to enable the client for SSL, things break down
rapidly although I can see https://localhost/axis2/services (all
services are listed).

Using Wireshark, I first realized that no data was leaving the client.
In the clients log file, I see the error:

[error] math_client.c(147) Stub invoke FAILED: Error code: 2 :: NULL
parameter was passed when a non NULL parameter was expected

I made the changes to the axis2.xml to enable the "transportSender" as
recommended in section "13.1.2 Configuration"

<transportSender name="https" class="axis2_http_sender">
        <parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="false">HTTP/1.1</parameter>
</transportSender>

and added the parameter "SERVER_CERT" as well. I also generated the cert
by using the "openssl s_client ..." example.

Now I accidentally changed transportReceiver to https, and things
mysteriously started working.

Can someone update the documents, or is it working by mistake?

Thanks

Floyd