Manjula Peiris wrote:
On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 15:12 -0400, Subra A Narayanan wrote:
Hello all,

I was wondering if there was a way to reload the apache axis2 module
(so that it picks up config file changes like loglevel) without having
to restart apache? The reason I ask this is I have other modules
loaded in to apache and I want those modules to continue serving
incoming requests when axis2 module is unloaded and reloaded.

HTTPD has an option call grceful restart. I think you can achieve this
using that. See [1] for more details.

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/stopping.html

But that still reloads all modules. It is a restart, except that it is graceful, meaning the request already being served will be completed, but the new requests will have to be dropped during the restart anyway.

Samisa...

Thanks!

Subra

Samisa Abeysinghe Director, Engineering; WSO2 Inc.