I am working on a small application that needs to grow, the right
solution is Web Services, but I don't know much about how to really
leverage them in an application.  The web server that is currently
being used is Apache and I would like to develop the WS in C++, so
AXIS seems like the most logical solution.  The problem I am facing is
a lack of understanding on how to really leverage WS.  I see all these
different WS-* specifications:

WS-Addressing
WS-Policy
WS-Security
WS-SecurityPolicy
WS-ReliableMessaging
WS-Eventing

And don't really understand how to glue them all together to develop
my application.  I am currently in version 1 and am looking to make
version 2 purely WS based.
What I am looking for is some resources that will better explain to me
how to actually leverage all these great WS specifications.

I know that WSO2 has some training, but I simply don't have the budget
for that right now, I am a one man shop that is working on this
program part time, it is more of a hobby then anything else.  So I am
looking for books, web sites, etc.

Sam Carleton
http://www.miltonstreet.com