Well, I am not sure what you mean by your reply.

Technically I don't need IPV6 because the Web Service Server that I need to
access possesses an IPV4 IP, however I don't understand what do the getaddrinfo
and freeaddrinfo have to do with the problem.

Please note that I haven't been able to execute my test program, so far I am
just trying to build the Axis binaries.

The reason why I am doing this is because after I had downloaded the axis
binaries from its website (http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis-c/
<blocked::http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis-c/> ) and I tried to execute my
program, I got a strange exception: "Unhandled exception at 0x7c812a6b in
BioAPI Test.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: axiscpp::AxisEngineException at
memory location 0x0012e4b0".

Then looking through the internet I found an e-mail saying the a person who got
a similar error should download the latest axis source from its svn site
(according to him the binaries on the site were outdated), build it, and
everything would work fine.

The code that I used to test Axis is attached to this message.

I think that the most strangest thing is that the AxisEngineException is not
caught as an AxisException when it is thrown.

Thanks,
Felipe