I have Axis2/c 1.6.0 building and working nicely with the builtin http server
on Win 2008.  Cool stuff - thanks!!

With this working environment now I get to extend the functionality in our web
service code.  I would like to create an automated test environment to catch
regressions introduced by changes in the business logic, which strikes me as
something that others must also have done.

So to those who've already been down this road, would you please tell me if you
think I'm heading in the wrong direction here, and maybe why?

I want to 'record' a test by pointing the client at a trace facility, and store
the resulting http trace of the request and response in a database.

To run a regression test would involve grabbing the request trace out of the
database, programmaticly handing it to the Axis2c engine, then comparing the
Axis2c generated response to the response in the database.

First question - is that the best approach?  (where best ==  work correctly and
doable relatively fast)

If so, any foresee-able gotchas?

It looks to me like uing a <messageReciever > targetting the
raw_xml_in_out_msg_recv might work, but all the doc I can locate is for java's
class="org.apache.axis2.receifers.RawXMLInOutMessageReceiver".  What syntax to
use there?

tia!
Steve