Actually, C support is as complete as the C++ support.  But only on client
side, and only for doc/literal.

>From an old post when I asked the question long ago:
============
AxisC++ is a very good, solid, 2nd generation Web Services stack written
in C++. It supports being a client to UDDI, and certainly it would be
possible to support WS-Sec under it. However standards like RM and
WS-Addressing are hard to support.

If you look at the iterations of development, the first iteration (e.g.
ApacheSOAP) was just about getting the job done simply. The next iteration
added better parsing and more flexible handler models, which successfully
supports WSSecurity and simple extensions to SOAP.

However, the big change has been WS-Addressing, which has made WS much
more asynchronous and message based. Unfortunately a lot of WS stacks
including Axis/Java 1.x and Axis/C++ 1.x were built with a very RPC-like
model.

Axis2 C is the start of the move of Axis in C/C++ to the Axis2 model. When
we wrote Axis2/Java we started again. In building Axis2/C we also started
again.

So basically Axis2/C and Axis2/Java were created to support more of the
standards and improve on what was learned in prior implementations.

Nadir Amra