Okay - the usecase we have is the following method in SAAJ API on
javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement:

boolean removeNamespaceDeclaration(java.lang.String prefix)

We can't implement this without the undelying OM design catering to such needs.

So here goes my +1 for implmenting this method on OMElement.

Regarding the uniqueness of prefix, i dont think it is an issue,
because every element has its own hashmap object for namespaces, and
for one prefix, there can be only one namespace in the scope, so
removal such namespace will not affect other elements or other
namespaces, i guess.

When in doubt, lets vote :-)

- Venkat