Thilina Gunarathne wrote:

IMHO this is doable with the way Axis2 currently handles MTOM. We use OMText to hold the binary data and act as the blob. There are several states to OMText, which can be set using "is Binary" and "isOptimised" attributes. When OMText contains binary data (either as base64 or pure binary) we set this to true. Then if those data are qualified to optimise then we can set "isOptimised" to true.

The only problem with this is that it requires everything to go through the OM. My understanding of how things were going to work in Axis2 was that the OM would only be used when needed, and that in general deserializers would read directly from the parser and serializers would write directly to the output. Has this approach changed?

 - Dennis