Ajith!
If the content inside the <xsd:schema> element is(are) just an import
statement(s) then, I guess, there need not be a targetNamespace.
However if any information other than import elements appear (viz.
element declarations, include statements etc.) then we should throw
that exception. Just my thought, though

Thank you
Jayachandra

--