Tom Jordahl wrote:
Hi Kurt,

My mistake, we did ship CFMX 7 with 1.2RC2 + fixes.  The upcoming (free)
update for CFMX 7 will include 1.2.1 (the actual release binary).
Expect this to be available very soon (days).

You notes about compatibility are well taken. From a product
perspective, Axis 1.1 -> 1.2 was NOT a smooth transition.  We waited too
long to release, and changed too many things to make it 'better',
breaking lots of stuff (arrays, soapenc vs. XSD types, etc).  Still, I
think that it is the best Java SOAP stack available, particularly if you
need WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL functionality (which CF uses extensively).

Plus Sun went and made "enum" a reserved word, which caused a lot of pain. But It is hard for the axis team to accept responsibility for sun making a common word reserved. They should have made all the C/C++ keywords reserved right from the outset, just to leave things open in future.