Glen Daniels wrote:
Hey Steve:

 > Ooops wrong link:
 >     http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/testsuite/

It still offends me that WS-A can consider themselves nearly ready to be final and yet they only have a few draft test cases. For example, where is their wsa:To header with a ? string in

<wsa:To>http://ex.org/url?name=vale</wsa:To>

("we" below means WS-A)

1) We are in the process of building a test suite and then we'll get to the testing. It's not that we think the test suite is done, it's that we're only now entering the phase where we concentrate primarily on that.

that means you are following a process of
1. -define 'normative' standard
2. get standard standardised
3. write test cases

but at the same time as (3), people are writing their implementations. And without test cases, they all interpret the spec differently.

2) Please do submit test cases!  We would really appreciate it.

I dont have test cases, but I know that at the gridforum event in boston last week, of the four deployment api implementations (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/deployment/deployment/doc/api/ggf-cddlm-deploy-api.pdf), all using WS-A under WS-RF, we could only demonstrate interop between the two axis1.x/muse implementations, because the others (.NET1.1/WSE and Axis2) all had different expectations of WS-A.

3) What's special about the test above? I agree if you get such a URL in a <ReplyTo> you need to echo it faithfully, but is there anything else you see that case testing?

The aim is to test that the ? string doesnt get stripped on a post.