Hi Ajith see the comments,

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: [Axis2] Imporvement in Axis2 transport layer

Hi all,
I've noticed this behavior of the transport during  the recent interop tests  with Microsoft. Out RM interop tests work nicely but the client keeps on listening even after the 202 for the terminate sequence message. We should have a way to tell the listener to shut down at somepoint and in the case of RM, it would be the 202 for the terminate sequence. (Oh BTW the listener should be configurable according to the policy too.

The listener that I am suggesing is merely a transport listner and have no idea about policy stuff. Handlers should be configured according to the policy in the Axis2 engine and the listener simply accepts transport level messages and hand over them to some acceptor, whcich will then invokes an engine with proper handlers according to the policy.

 If you can have a look at the following WSDL http://131.107.72.15/ReliableMessaging_Service_Indigo/ReliableRequestReplyDual.svc?wsdl
you'll see the policy assertion that says about the listener timeout)

>Listener time out will affect only to whcih incoming enpoint or RMSequence that we are listening to. The single listener will keep on listening but will not do anything after time outs.

Jaliya, I'm a bit 0- on the idea of having a single listener.

>In the current architecture, if we need to run several client instances (on separate JVMs) in a given machine we keep on generating the port numbers for the listeners. I don't think this will be a feasible option when we are inside a network with firewalls. Just consider how we can open these ports for remote interop tests.

but if we have a fixed listner port for the entire system then we can give pemissions to this port and let all client instances to commuincate with this.

It'll make things hard when the listner needs to be timed out!
This time out is different to what I explained in the single listener concept.

Instead what I see as appropriate is a mechanism to create listners passing a configuration (which ofcourse includes the timeout and other stuff) and the listener dies down after the given interval.

thoughts ?