Ajith

We are doing this for efficiency. We don't want to have to copy from an AxisMC into a SynapseMC. And I don't agree that this is not a useful *general* concept. It is nothing special to Synapse. It is simply a view of the MC that doesn't expose the internals of the programming model. In fact, the AXIS client and server programming model would be cleaner if it used SOAPMessageContext :-) Why should users of Axis2 know about the internals?

Paul