On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 11:57 +0600, Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
> Hi,
> Yep, I will Chathura :)
> Support for rpc/encoded is somewhat tricky, trickiest part being
> supporting all the SOAPenc rules. Our current consensus is to NOT
> support the whole set of encoding rules.
> However 90% of the time the rpc/encoded WSDL's only contain simple
> encodiing rules which closely match with the rpc/literal rules. What
> we plan to do is to process the rpc/encoded WSDL as a rpc/lit WSDL if
> the rpc/encoded WSDL does not utilize any obscure soap encoding rules
> (such as SOAPenc array), which we believe would work in the 90% case.

+1 .. IIRC doing that requires no work except to do the tests. Is that
correct? If so please indicate an ETA ..

Here's the general explanation for everyone: SOAP 1.1 defined SOAP
Encoding based on an abstract type model. In WSDL 1.1, we mapped the
abstract type model of XML Schema to that. However, there's a missing
link .. there's no spec which describes how to take arbitrary XML
Schemas and convert them into SOAP Encoding. So, practice has been that
people use "simple shaped" schemas: ones that use children elements only
and no attributes etc.. If only those things are used, then the mapping
from a SOAP-Enc'ed schema to a doc/lit schema is a no-op, *as long as*
wsdl:arrayType is not used. That stuff is an abomination in my mind as
it put WSDL in the schema space.

So, if you don't use wsdl:arrayType then the basically treating
style=encoded as if it was style=literal (when encodingStyle=soap-enc)
will work just fine.

Sanjiva.