Nope. we are just talking about running whatever code we have with an
alternative jvm. dev team strongly feels (when last polled) that if
people want to use jdk1.3 then use Axis1, if they want to use 1.4 or
1.5 then use Axis2. Note that as long as the dev team feels that 1.4
is needed, we will not use generics or other stuff that comes with
1.5. If we need annotations etc, we will make sure code will work w/o
that in 1.4 using technical solutions (in this case specific case we
use JAM - http://annogen.codehaus.org/JAM). There is some discussion
going on in other projects like Geronimo on Retrotranslator
(http://retrotranslator.sourceforge.net/), But not on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

thanks,
dims

On 1/11/06, Parikh,Pratik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Dims,
>
>    I am confused are we talking about generic support for java 1.4 and
> compiling the axis2 with it? Or are we talking about something else....
>
> Thanks,
> Parikh, Pratik | Software Engineer | Cerner Corporation | (1)-816-201-1298 |
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.cerner.com

  • Re: GCJ Davanum Srinivas