Hi Bill,

We, as devs in Axis2, were bit worried about the building time. So we wanted to minimize the time maven takes to compile, without the tests. So we did some tricks, so that some of the folder movings are not happening if you exclude the tests.
Thats the reason, why you got this error, while building war. My practise is always create war with tests.

You have two options.

  1. from the root type, maven clean war, or
  2. run "maven -o" in modules/samples and then switch back to "maven
    war -Dmaven.test.skip=true" on root, as Dims mentioned.
-- Chinthaka