Hi,

I also agree with Thilina and prefer if Chathura uses our context hierarchy rather than Singleton objects.

Is there are things you cannot do using Contexts, but can be done using singleton ?

-- Chinthaka

Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
Hi,
I had a chat with the fellow some time back..

Their plans are to count the number of requests(or any other stat that can
be taken by msgContxt)  to a service/operation deployed in a Axis2
server and to use a singleton to store the results, just like incrementing a
counter  in the singleton per service call.

IMO if they are to use the same singleton across services they might run in
to class loader issues when deployed in Tomcat.  This is the same kinda of
trouble we earlier had in Kandula2 when tried to use inside Tomcat.  My
suggestion is to store these information in a appropriate place inside the
Axis2 Context hierarchy (eg: If we need to use it for multiple services then
we have use ConfigurationContext... )

Any thoughts....

~Thilina