 From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:55 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [axis2] client development

Tony,

I don't see any replies so far.

Have you looked at SoapUI ( http://www.soapui.org/ )?

So far, it has been able to interact with all the Services I've had to
investigate.

Mike McAngus
Associate Chief Engineer, Enterprise Architecture
Wendy's International, Inc.
One Dave Thomas Boulevard
Dublin, OH 43017

Tony Dean wrote:

Hi,

I will preface this saying that I have not done much client development...
spending much of my time developing web services themselves.  Now, I have
need to develop a client that can take an arbitrary wsdl on the fly and
generate SOAP requests irregardless of the web service endpoint style
(rpc/document, literal/encoded).  The SOAP envelope request will need to be
generated at runtime so that they process is truly dynamic.  I was thinking
of using something like wsdl4j to interpret the wsdl and then generate the
payload accordingly.  Is this the right approach?  In your client samples
you basically have a ServiceClient that can send OMElement structure in
varying MEPs.  Is there an API that I can use to tell you for instance that
this request is an rpc request with such and such parameters.  Or is this
left up to the programmer to encode in the OMElement structure?  Just
looking for some insight and direction.

Thanks for your time.

Tony Dean
SAS Institute Inc.