dims,

The Software grants section at http://www.apache.org/licenses/ states
that "When an individual or corporation decides to donate a body of
existing software or documentation to one of the Apache projects, they
need to execute a formal Software Grant agreement with the ASF.
Typically, this is done after negotiating approval with the ASF
Incubator or one of the PMCs"

I'm wondering if this committer voting is more to make it a democratic
process or is it a formal one. I'm asking because, recently my
employer was intending to donate code into one of ASF projects and we
thought that incubation or PMC approval is the only way.

- venkat