From: Deep Ghosh
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:37 PM
Subject: AXIS SUCKS (In Capitals)

All,

  I could generate a Microsoft web service in 5 minutes and with axis its more than 5 hours so far. Thus the Subject.

  Generating wsdl2java was pretty ok (Although in Windows I would have expected a Program Menu Item to do such thing...or at least a batch/shell file in
  DOS/UNIX but you guys will never learn that.

  So...ran wsdl2java and got a bunch of classes. Now what?

  Agree jws deployment is smart...but I have compiled a bunch of java classes.. so have a list of class files.

  Used AdminClient to deploy the wsdd.

  Used the section Custom Deployment - Introducing WSDD in http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html#PublishingWebServicesWithAxis

  This is written by a moron. Rules : Dont write a bunch of stuff without telling what needs to be done. I know you are proud of the stuff you have developed but all the user cares is about how to use it and quick.

  AdminClient says....<Admin>Done processing</Admin>. Yes, everyone knows that. Did someone teach this guy that if you write a program, you should let the user what happens?

  So now..i have these bunch of classes. I dont know to what URL this damn thing is deployed.

  Whereas in Microsoft, they would start the URL and create a ASP.NET form to run my web service.

  When will this apache people grow up? I am sure ten years letter I will see them doing the same mistakes.

Best Regards,
Deep