Abandon all hope ye who enter here ;-) ...

Even when you get xsi:type working, deserialisation is also completely broken. I have opened a number of Jira's on these issues, but never had much luck. Tried to debug it myself too, but failed miserably.

If you have any better luck, please let me know!

-justin

Desiree Hilbring wrote:
Hello,

thanks, I tried the latest nightly, but there I get false code created by
WSDL2Java (I created a bug).

   [javac] Compiling 225 source files to C:\hilbring\EclipseWTP\GMLSFE\classes
    [javac]
C:\hilbring\EclipseWTP\GMLSFE\output\src\org\example\types\GMLSFEStub.java:142:
toEnvelope(org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPFactory) in org.example.types.GMLSFEStub
cannot be applied to
(org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPFactory,orchestra.oas.building.BuildingStringDocument,boolean)
    [javac] env =
toEnvelope(getFactory(_operationClient.getOptions().getSoapVersionURI()),
    [javac] ^
    [javac]
C:\hilbring\EclipseWTP\GMLSFE\output\src\org\example\types\GMLSFEStub.java:247:
toEnvelope(org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPFactory) in org.example.types.GMLSFEStub
cannot be applied to
(org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPFactory,orchestra.oas.building.BuildingStringDocument,boolean)
    [javac] env =
toEnvelope(getFactory(_operationClient.getOptions().getSoapVersionURI()),
    [javac] ^

Another issue I detected with 1.0 version is, that even, if the xsi:type is
sent, the inheritance has problems with underlines in typenames.
the attachment includes a little inheritance example, OA_MIFASCapabilitesType
is derived from OAMIServiceSpecificCapabilites. To send the xsi:type in the
SOAP-Message I am still using the following lines:
XmlCursor cur =
resp.getOAGetMetaInformationResponse().getFeatureMetaInformation().getOAMIServiceSpecificCapabilities().newCursor();
cur.toFirstChild();
cur.insertAttributeWithValue("type","http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance","OAMIFASCapabilitiesType";);

cur.dispose();
The SOAP-Message does include the xsi:type but the client does not recognize
the subtype OA_MIFASCapabilitiesType.
But changing the name of OA_MIFASCapabilitiesType in delivery060803-2.xsd to
OAMIFASCapabilitiesType will solve the problem and the example will work.
Is it possible to use underlines in the typeNames or are there any
restrictions, or is this a bug?

Greetings Desiree