From: Sanjiva Weerawarana [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 5:13 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Cc: Thilina Gunarathne
Subject: Re: [Axis2]WSDL2Java Code generation option

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 07:54 -0400, Srinath Perera wrote:
Hi AJith,All;
As far as I understand

1) no options client side only
2) -s server side
3) -sd -ss  service side discriptions, this only work with -ss
4) -g all, but no service.xml .. So I put -g -sd ..still none becouse
-sd only works with -ss .. so -g -ss and -sd

Ouch.

Sorry but I feel this is far too complex. shall we change the options
for 1.1? for example (Or do we need to me backward compatible with the
tool options?)

-GClient or nothing for Client
-GServer for server with service.xml
-GAll for everything
-GTest all with test case

How about:
- -c or nothing for client
- -s for service side with services.xml
- -g for both client and server (both the above basically)
- -g -t for all and test case

That is, introduce a -t argument for test case generation. By test case
we mean what exactly .. a stub?? In that case its only meaningful for a
server side case anyway.

Do we have use case for generating server side code without a
service.xml file ?
Do we have use case for generating service.xml without server side
code? (we could at least assume -ss given -sd)

+1.

So basically same as your proposal except use option names that are
closer to what we have now.

Sanjiva.