Amila Suriarachchi wrote:

On 1/10/07, *Justin Schoeman* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    OK - Appending the operation name to the URL does work, but I am not
    sure if .Net does this (I do not have .Net, just some recorded
    messages).  From what I can read on the web, routing is supposed to
    occur via the first tag in the SOAP body (in this case a
    confirmCustomerReq message).

Yes. This is the case if you have rpc/literal as your soap binding style. In rpc style it is supposed to wrap the input message from an element of which name equals to operation name. (see the WSDL spec). hence it is possible to determine the operation using the message. but in document/literal style (in this case) input message is directly send in the soapbody. And also it is possible to have the same input message for two different operations. Therefore it is not possible to determine the operation from the first element.

Thanks - I will be testing with real .Net clients next week - I hope they follow the spec correctly!

-justin