Sanjiva,

Hang on!. Am not done reviewing/fixing yet :) need another day or so.

thanks,
dims

On 2/5/07, Sanjiva Weerawarana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 17:43 -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Bill,
>
> I just started looking into the perf aspects of this checkin...Here's
> the first one. Please see the following 2 images:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~dims/msg-context-001.png
> http://people.apache.org/~dims/msg-context-002.png
>
> As you can plainly see, the servlet is called 2500 times, and takes a
> total time of 20360 ms . The method checkActivateWarning which is
> basically a no-op gets called 257,500 times and takes a total of 234
> ms. Which is basically 1.14% of the total time taken to process the
> messages. Am sure you agree that checkActivateWarning  not present in
> r495105 and was introduced later.
>
> So am going to get rid of it. thanks.

+1.

Bill/Ann, I'd like to offer to withdraw my request to make message
context de-serialization work right .. can you consider going back to
the original state where there was no attempt to come back correctly
from serialization? IIRC all of these extra things were added to try to
recover a correct context hierarchy and I'm not convinced it'll work
anyway. Plus its a heavy overhead.

I believe removing it does not affect your requirements for MC
serialization right? (It was put in because I complained after all.)

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.