Hello Glen,

See my response below.

Cheers

Brian DePradine
Web Services Development
IBM Hursley
External  +44 (0) 1962 816319         Internal 246319

If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?

Glen Daniels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 20/03/2007 17:11:58:

> Hi folks:
>
> Why do we have a separate AddressingValidationHandler?  Wouldn't it make

> more sense simply to do any addressing-specific validation right in the
> AddressingInHandler or the AddressingBasedDispatcher?  Is it possible to

> simplify this?

I believe that historically the AddressingBasedDispatcher is not meant to
be tied to strongly to ws-addressing. Hence it is not a part of the
Addressing module :-(. This has meant the need to have a separate
AddressingValidation handler. However, I believe that David is planning
some refactoring of the dispatchers which may mean that we can revisit
this.

> Also, rather than having separate Handlers for the different versions of

> addressing, wouldn't it make more sense to have just one
> AddressingInHandler and then let that do version-specific work with its
> own utility classes?  A separate handler seems like overkill.

I had considered refactoring the inbound processing into one handler, but
elected not to do it in the end. At the time, I was taking the approach of
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Now, I have no objections to doing it
if folks feel that this is the best way to go.