OK, here's what I'm planning to do as a compromise position here. Let me know what you think.

For now, I'm going to make the Module changes, and put the deprecated setters in for both Transports and Modules, but COMMENTED OUT. This will essentially force us within the Apache WS community to fix references ASAP, and make it very clear where they are (due to breaks as opposed to ignorable warnings).

Before we release, we'll uncomment the deprecated setters so that our users get maximum backwards-compatibility. Then we can remove them for good next release.

Sound like a plan?

--Glen

Paul Fremantle wrote:
I'm +1 on this. Do the deprecated setters and most importantly the
deprecated engageModule(QName).

Paul